Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A year ago today...

As I was driving around the hood today running errands and whatnot, I thought back to a year ago when it felt like life couldn't have thrown a bigger curveball my way... What was I thinking, asking for this God-forsaken city as my first pick of duty stations?

We had just arrived in New York after what had to have been the most stressful and nerve wracking trip of my life. I'm sure the hormones coursing through my 3 month postpartum body didn't help the situation. I took a look back in time for some photos to see how far we've come in one short year. The biggest differences?

1. The size of my kid.
2. My house has furniture.
3. I'm 20 pounds lighter.
4. I can drive here without crying now.

I'll leave you with some pictures from a year ago today (ok, a year ago this week.-- apparently June 20 2011 was a boring day for this family.

This is back when we could leave her laying there and she wouldn't go anywhere. 

And back when she discovered she had feet. I'm sure they didn't smell nearly as bad then as they do now.

Big exciting day! Household goods delivery!

I don't think we could have a better view.

Take a look back in your photos... What were you doing a year ago today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by April Showers