Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 10: My Special Someone

I met my husband in January 2009 at school in Yorktown, Virginia. He was the only person in my class who was as spontaneous as I was. Trips to the gym, swimming at the pool (and running back before my hair iced over) and getting random tattoos. Those are some of my first memories of him! We had a whirlwind "friendmance"-- we never really "dated" per se. We were married on April 25, 2009 much to the surprise of friends and family. But we wouldn't have it any other way! 

He's the kindest, most genuine person I know. He is definitely a great balance to my mega high strung personality. He is fun, loves to try new things, and knows his way around a kitchen. I always joke that he is my personalAmelia Bedelia, he is always trying things and they don't always work out for him. Like when he did his laundry and washed and dried a pen, ruining 2 of his shirts, a uniform, and KILLING the inside of my dryer (who sees that anyway, right?!) Or the time this week when I was reading a cookbook in the kitchen, left it open to a recipe for paleo pizza, and took a nap on the couch. I woke up to the sweetest man in the world cooking a paleo pizza crust, what he thought was for dinner. Boy was he surprised when I told him not only was pizza not for dinner, but we had no ingredients to even make it happen. Bless his heart! 

He has turned out to be the best spur of the moment decision I've ever made. He's an awesome dad, and Grace is so blessed to have a great man in her life. He adores her and I'm pretty sure he's going to be a total Daddy's Girl. 

We made a deal that we're married for the next 80 years. He has about 77.5 years left on his contract! Poor guy :)

From hanging out at school (or in this case, the bar)...

...to getting married by the lake...

...drinking margaritas with friends...

...and going on trips (without dogs in bags, thank you)...

Welcoming sweet babies...

And days in the park!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love this post Mal!!! It's so sweet! Love the picture of C with G as a teeny, squishy baby! Why do they grow so fast!

    I love the picture from when y'all got married - I hope you have that framed in your house!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by April Showers