Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 3: Your Job




I am a marine science technician in the Coast Guard. I've been in for 4 years and have 4 more left to go. My job includes investigating pollution incidents in US waters, and managing the clean up of said incidents. Other things I could do are inspecting foreign vessels, waterfront facilities (like refineries, or "factories") and doing security inspections on ferries and cruise ships. It is an interesting job and I like that I am always doing something different. It's also a sweet deal to not have to dress up for work. I get to move around (sometimes to not so glamorous places) but I also get to fly in helicopters and ride on boats. I think my favorite part of my job though is the amazing people I have met (including my husband) and the places I have seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by April Showers